Bookings and Availability Calendar
To Book the Hall for your event or gathering
We offer some of the most reasonable hire rates around. Please see our rate card for details.
Our calendar is always up to date. Please check the calendar before you enquire about booking the hall.
Hire the Hall for an Event, Meeting or Function
1. Please review the calendar to find out if the Hall might be available to hire.
2. Please read our Terms and Conditions which sets out your responsibilities and liabilities regarding hire.
3. Note the Hire Charges below. The District Fee is a discounted hire rate for residents of the District of All Saints.
4. Have a look at our FAQ's which may cover the questions you might have.
5. If the Hall appears to be available, you have read our FAQ's and understood our T&C's please do get in touch with us via the contact page or button above. Our Bookings Officer Rita Holt will try and get back to you as soon as possible.
6. Rita will confirm your hire (normally via email, with an attached invoice) and payment in full will be expected within 14 days to secure your booking.
7. Payment can be made online via your debit/credit card, you can make a bank transfer (details of which are on the invoice) or, failing that, cash or cheque are also acceptable (Please give cash or cheques to Barbara Foulkes our Key Holder).
The above charges include use of all areas, including main hall, fully equipped large kitchen, separate bar area and large car park. There is no extra charge for heating, lighting or use of crockery and cutlery.
* Any bookings on Friday or Saturdays extending beyond 9pm will be charged at the full fixed rate of £115/£95 in addition to the normal hourly rate up to 6pm. Similarly, Friday/Saturday evening bookings between 6pm and 9pm will be charged £19 per hour standard rate and £16 per hour village rate.
Under the current situation, our hall continues to remain closed and, with all the uncertainties at the moment, we are unable to say when we can start to accept bookings again. However, rest assured that we will be doing everything we can under guidelines laid down by the Government and following advice from ‘Action with Communities in Rural England’ and ‘Devon Communities Together’ to reopen as soon as we can. Sadly, we cannot foresee a situation at the moment where we will be able to revert back to business as usual straight from the off, with a phased re-introduction of use under strict conditions a much more realistic likelihood. We will give further updates here as things progress through the summer and look forward to welcoming everyone back as soon as practically possible.